Monday, September 7, 2009

STEPHEN A WEBBER - MIXED MEDIA


"THE SAVIOUR" 30" x 40" Mixed Media (acrylic on cut out wood on canvas) $800.
While documenting my autobiography I wrote about going to Catholic school from the fifth grade to the eighth. After transferring to that school I realized that the only Black kids in the class were one girl, another guy and myself. The rest of the class was White, as well as the nuns, the priests, the people in our books and ultimatly Jesus himself. It felt kind of "inferior." I wondered after that, "what if we were taught that Jesus was Black?".....
artadage@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Stephen,

    Your words are almost poetic. I love hearing you speak through these words...please submit more...such fascinating stories about your life...and your work rings with such truth...

    Donna

    ReplyDelete