Saturday, May 12, 2012

"SOIREE" by Kathryn Morris Trotter

fashion paintings, fashion ladies, fashion ladies with umbrellas, figurative paintings, umbrella ladies, kathryn morris trotter, kathryntrotterart.com


"SOIREE II"
24x24" oil on canvas
by Kathryn Morris Trotter
www.kathryntrotterart.com

       This was a commission piece for a couple who wanted to surprise their daughter for her 21st birthday! How fabulous to start an original art collection at the age of 21!!  Coincidentally, we have the same birthday...how serendipitous! The only request is that I slip their daughter into the painting;0!

       This painting was based off of another painting of min that sold a few months ago.   These days, almost 100% of my commission work is based off of paintings that have sold.  As the artist, I don't mind doing something that is similar, but I have to be able to have creative reign and make changes that need to happen as I see fit.   As far as my fashion ladies are concerned, I have to be able to dress them according to the personality of each lady, and it would be an absolute faux pas for my ladies to ever show up in the same dress for a social occasion...hence, you will see some of the same ladies make their way into different paintings but never donned in the same dress.  They have a plethora of dresses, gowns, and outfits to choose from when it comes to a special soiree.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment