Monday, October 12, 2009

Painting Demo by Kristopher Meadows

Painting Demo
When: Thursday, October 22, 2009
Time: 10 AM - 4 PM
Where: My studio: 739 Reeves Lake Drive SW, Marietta, GA 30064
Cost: $25 (make check payable to Kristopher Meadows)
What to bring: Yourself, a bag lunch, a notebook and pen (optional) if you choose to take notes.
Dear Students,
I will be demoing painting from a live model (painting the head) on Thursday, October 22, 2009 from 10 AM to 4 PM at my studio (739 Reeves Lake Drive SW, Marietta, GA 30064). This will be very helpful for ANYONE wanting to see how I approach painting every subject regardless of what or who I am painting. My approach is always the same as every painting can be reduced to 4 simple steps: Shape, Value, Edges and Color (SVEC). I will be speaking during the demo and everyone is welcome to ask questions. The cost is $25 and you only need to bring yourself, a bag lunch and perhaps a notebook and pen for taking notes if you so desire. It will be fun and informative and will give the audience a glimpse into my head and the thought process that takes place with every painting I create.
Space is limited so please email me as soon as you can to secure your place for the demo if you are interested. Payment will be due by Monday, October 19th ($25). It will be first come first serve so whoever secures their space with payment will ensure a place in the demo until all spaces are filled. I have tentatively set the limit at 20 people to attend depending on the response I receive from students. If you are not interested but know of someone who might be please feel free to pass this information along.
If anyone is interested in modeling for the portrait demo or knows of someone who is interested please let me know. I am looking to paint someone who would consider purchasing the finished painting for $500 at the end of the demonstration. I already have a model in mind but would like to have a few names in the event my model cannot attend. If any of you are interested or know of anyone who is interested please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you.
Kindest Regards,
Kris

1 comment: